Final 24 hours before departure  

Posted by Pastor Terry

Good morning!

Tomorrow at this time we should be in the air between Edmonton & Phoenix, but between now and tomorrow morning, there are still many things that need to be taken care of not only for me as the team leader, but also for each team member, and as we approach the final 24 hours in Edmonton, many distractions will grab for our attention.

This morning as I was finishing up my quiet time and beginning to think about the day and the to-do list that I have, I was drawn to the song Everlasting God.

Everlasting God



Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord


Our God You reign forever
Our Hope our strong Deliv'rer

You are the everlasting God
The everlasting God
You do not faint
You won't grow weary
You're the defender of the weak
You comfort those in need
You lift us up on wings like eagles

CCLI Song No. 4556538 ¬© 2005 Thankyou Music (Admin. by EMI Christian Music Publishing) Brenton Brown | Ken Riley For use solely with the SongSelect Terms of Use.  All rights Reserved. www.ccli.com CCLI License No. 500152

In my own strength, I will grow weary and tired today.  In my own strength I will most likely become frustrated that I am not finishing all that I want to get done as fast as I think it should get done.  Anyone been there lately?

But for me the part of this song that really spoke to me and was a great reminder for me, was the "waiting upon the Lord".  Drawing my direction and my strength from an everlasting God, one who does not faint, or grow weary.

It was/is my prayer today that as I give my agenda to God, that He will show me what needs to be done and what needs to wait for the next missions trip.  That I would be lifted up by his strength, which will make the day seem easier and more productive than if I try to do this all on my own.  It is my hope that you might be able to do the same thing with your day also.  Let's lean into God for our strength and guidance today.

Today is the last day of our McKernan Baptist Church Summer Camp - High Seas Adventure.  The team has done an amazing job at this camp.  I know it has been tiring for them, but they have really enjoyed getting to know the children and working together with the other volunteers. 

Please pray for them as they wrap-up today, that the seeds of truth that were planted this week will have landed on good soil.

Thank you again for your support and for all of your prayers.

Blessings,

Terry

This entry was posted on Friday, July 16, 2010 at Friday, July 16, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I get goosebumps reading about your trip. One year ago, our team from Iowa was in your shoes. Only we were going for our first time to Mexico City and specifically Huixquilucan. My memories of our time with the church in Santa Ursula and the Becerra family are so encouraging. I love seeing that Spirit-filled congregation worship.

May your trip be full of fun and growth!

Tamara B
Elgin Iowa FBC

July 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Post a Comment