From Alex  

Posted by Pastor Terry


Hello everyone!  For me, I’ve been loving every minute here.  It’s been great to come back to the loving people here in Huixquilucan and really spend some great time serving God and showing His love to our hosts and to the children here.  I’ve found that here is a place where distractions are less, and God’s voice and direction for what He wants for my life. 

We’ve just finished our VBS at Huixquilucan.  It was really amazing to connect with the kids, have fun, and lead some games with Joel and Ethan in my slowly improving Spanish.  We had the privilege from God to see so many kids hear the salvation message yesterday, and my hope and prayer is that God will continue to work in the lives of these children and their surrounding families and community long after we have left.  It was truly a blessing to see the smiles of all the children, to laugh and play with them, though four days ago I was just a stranger, with all of them wondering ‘is he really from Canada?’  I must have explained at least seven times that ‘soy de Canada, pero mis padres son de China’ (I’m from Canada but my parents are from China)!

My time here has really been every bit amazing, even more so than when I came with MOBY two years ago.  It’s been awesome to connect with my Mexican friends, this time in their own language, even if it’s just a little bit.  I’m so grateful for the love that we’ve been shown by the Becerras, our interpreters Edgar, as well as Juan & Amanda Luna, the people of Huixquilucan, and the people of the Monte Sion church in Santa Ursula.  It’s been amazing to see how global and powerful God’s love is through these people here.

As we look forward to the rest of our stay here in Mexico, I’m really excited and grateful to be a part of what God has planned here for us and for the loving people of Mexico.  It’s been an honour to be sent here, to have all of your support in reading this and in your prayers.  Thank you all so much for your love and support :D  See you all soon, and thank you again for your continued prayers.



This entry was posted on Friday, July 23, 2010 at Friday, July 23, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Jonathan  

Love you lots! Your grandparents have been following and praying for you every day

July 23, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Anonymous  

Keep up the good work! Hazel & Chelsea loved seeing your pix. D & R.

July 30, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Post a Comment