From Tim  

Posted by Pastor Terry


Hey everyone! This week has been absolutely crazy and I was not expecting this love and care from the people, and most of all my emotional response towards the people here. The VBS that we started in Huixquilucan was a lot of things to me, and every day I was able to clearly see God at work. Over the past few days, it’s been a wild ride with God and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that. When we started the VBS on Monday, I already felt closer to God and I saw God in many of the things we did, but I still wasn’t sure if the children understood the message we were trying to get across (possibly because of the language barrier). Throughout the week, I started to understand more and more of how the children felt. On the 4th and final day of our camp, we tied black strings to the children’s wrists to represent their sin and told them about Jesus’ sacrifice and many children made a decision that day to accept God’s love as a truth. I felt overwhelmed by God when the children came to put their ‘sin’ on the cross, as I knew that I had completed a major part of my mission here.

So far it’s been an overwhelming but exciting journey, and I’m interested to see how God will work in us throughout this next week doing construction and a soccer camp at Monte Sion. Although we’ve already finished part of our purpose here, we still need to realize that we can’t lose sight of God yet. Overall, I still can’t wait to spread God’s love and be his hands here in Mexico. I miss you all and I can’t wait to share my experiences here with you!



This entry was posted on Sunday, July 25, 2010 at Sunday, July 25, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Jonathan  

Look forward to hearing more when you are back!love&prayers

July 25, 2010 at 9:09 AM
Anonymous  

Glad to see you enjoying yourself, sweating.... Hazel & Chelsea miss you lots! D & R.

July 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Post a Comment