From Joel  

Posted by Pastor Terry


Hola! The environment and society structure here is completely different than at home in Canada. In Mexico, people could honestly live their entire lives without looking at a clock. For me that has been somewhat hard to adapt to as I am a “structure and routine” person.

Before leaving on this trip I was very anxious and unwilling to go because my fears were overwhelming me. But as I settled in Mexico, I have really felt God’s presence and his influence on my actions, and my relaxed and calm reactions to daily events could only be through God’s power.

The living environment here is tightly spaced and does not necessarily fit my living style, but God has really taken over all my anxieties and fears and made me comfortable with being uncomfortable. Gracias SeƱor.

I feel that I have learned a lot about me and my relationship with God and I can’t wait to use all that I have learned at home and my environment back in Canada. See you all soon and please pray for God’s blessing over the soccer camp next week.



This entry was posted on Friday, July 23, 2010 at Friday, July 23, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Joel,

We know that God is working with and through you and the team to make a lasting impact in their lives and we're so proud that you accepted God's call to go. We know God will use the team through the soccer camp as well.

Miss you, love you lots! "Buh" says hi too.

M & D & A

July 23, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Post a Comment