From Nicole  

Posted by Pastor Terry


This week has been amazing. Seeing all the kids everyday and seeing their smiles is awesome. The first few days were hard because you didn’t know what to do or who these kids are but as the week went on you got to know them even though you couldn’t understand what they were saying. The thing I enjoyed the most was singing with them in the morning and at the end. Watching them do the actions and learning the songs was so cool because you got to see their smile just grow as they got the songs. It was so hard to say goodbye to the kids on Thursday. You get so used to  seeing them everyday and I cried when I had to say bye. I got a letter from one girl and once I translated it into English I really saw that I had an impact on that girl. It was amazing that I changed someone’s life.

The first few days here were hard for me, in adjusting to the language and culture here. I still am. I started to feel sick on Monday with a sore throat and a runny nose. I thought it was just being at a new place but I noticed that other members of the team were feeling the same way. We think it has to do with the altitude and being over a mile higher here then in Edmonton. I am now starting to feel better as the week went because we are getting used to the altitude. The weird thing here is the weather. Cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon and rainy in the evening. Its crazy to see. It is so beautiful here, we are surrounded by mountains and hills with lush green trees and it’s so cool to wake up every morning and see it.

Thank you so much to everyone who has been praying for me while I have been here. I have noticed that I am changing spiritually and really starting to see who I am as a person. To my family and friends I just want to say that I love you guys so much and I miss you. (mom, say hi to Angel for me and tell Audrey that I miss her so much and that I thank her for all the prayers). To anyone else who will read this I just want to thank you for all the support this past year in getting ready for this trip. Love you all so much and I can’t wait till I see you again. 



This entry was posted on Friday, July 23, 2010 at Friday, July 23, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Love you, too, kiddo! Was great to read this!

Your cat misses you terribly. She moped around the house for days.

July 24, 2010 at 6:02 AM
Charlene  

I love you Nicole and I really miss you. I miss not being able to catch up with you on a daily basis. But I keep praying and trusting God that He will be your comfort and protect you when I can't.

Enjoy your last week there. G&G Muller had a great cruise. They leave this morning. D&N&C are here. Cara rolls over one way now. We are going to M&M's this afternoon. We will miss you but know that we are all praying for you.

Hugs to you, kiddo! May God continue to bless you. Thanks for the update from you. I really needed to hear this.

July 24, 2010 at 6:09 AM

Glad to hear from you, and to read that you had a fun but personal growth experience. Love Gramma & Grampa J.

July 24, 2010 at 7:09 AM
G&G Muller  

Hi Nicole. We had a great holiday. We have been praying for you every day. We will continue to pray for you. Continue to let God work through you. Love you. Love Grandma & Grandpa Muller.

July 24, 2010 at 7:29 AM
Michelle  

I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you again.

July 24, 2010 at 9:30 AM
Uncle Mark & Auntie MJ  

So glad to hear you're having a great time and learning lots!

Will pray that you continue to learn more about who you are, how faithful God is, and that you continue to have such an impact on others.

July 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM
audrey  

i miss you too

July 24, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Post a Comment