From Christie  

Posted by Pastor Terry


This trip is beyond words!! It is so much different than the last trip I was on, but has defiantly surpassed all of my expectations.

The way God has already worked in our team, the children/families we are ministering to and myself is unbelievable.

Starting with the VBS in Huixquilucan gave me a spiritual experience like I have never had before. Seeing over 100 children take off their black bracelets and surrender their sins to God was very touching and powerful experience. Getting to look at all their smiling faces while Megan and I led songs was a gift I will never forget. Although, for me, the week started off fairly rough with the language barrier and feeling like I couldn’t be connected to the kids like I wanted to, God continued to encourage me and give me strength. By the end of the week, I was feeling more comfortable and strong connections with many of the children. One of my favorite memories was watching the solemn faces of the children as we sang Viste Tu (Were You There) on the last day. They really seemed like they were getting the message that God loved them so much that he would send his son to die for them. During the evening presentation/VBS closing, there was a three-year-old boy up on the stage with us and he stood with me and let me help him do the actions. Not only was keeping him still for almost a minute a feat in itself, but in my eyes, it was the perfect depiction of the faith of a child God describes.

I am so excited for what is in store for us in our final week here, with touring the city, getting to know more about the culture and continuing to serve. During soccer camps, please pray that we would have fun with the children but also not forget why we are here; to share God’s Word.

God bless you all and see you soon!!!



This entry was posted on Friday, July 23, 2010 at Friday, July 23, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment